Re: FW: I-D ACTION:draft-dusseault-dav-quota-01.txt

From: Jim Luther <luther.j@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 09:43:22 -0700
To: <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
On Thursday, October 24, 2002, at 09:23  AM, Clemm, Geoff wrote:

> There is a
> separate question of whether the units should to appear in the
> property name ... I'd probably leave it off, for uniformity with
> the rest of HTTP (it is the "Length" header, not the "Octet-Length"
> header).

I like having the unit type in the name because it makes the purpose of
the property more self-described.

However, I'm not opposed to removing the unit types from the new
property names as long the property names are NOT quota and quotaused
-- using quota and quotaused would break Apple's existing server and
client implementations. Existing Mac OS X clients use quota and
quotaused and expect the unit size to be 512-bytes and that's what the
Apple iDisk server returns for quota and quotaused.

- Jim