RE: FW: I-D ACTION:draft-dusseault-dav-quota-01.txt

Yes.

> * how much junk have I already stored in this collection (and thus could
be
> used if I delete stuff, potentially)

That's hard to answer in the presence of bindings. It's certainly not a
property of a collection.

> I'm happy with the properties--I just think we need to change the text to
> indicate that the quota only applies to the currently authenticated HTTP
> user--an interoperable client cannot assume that the quota will  be the
same
> if authenticated as somebody else.  I don't think we need an ability to
find
> out how much quota other people have.

I think that if the proposal is supposed to be generic enough it shouldn't
even try to define how quotas work, how nested collections work and so on.
Just define one or two live properties (or possible one report) that gives a
client the required information.