Re: FW: I-D ACTION:draft-dusseault-dav-quota-01.txt

From: Eric Sedlar <eric.sedlar@oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 14:23:24 -0700
To: "Lisa Dusseault" <lisa@xythos.com>, "'Webdav WG'" <w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org>

All I want is for interoperable clients to have two properties:

* how much junk can I store in this collection
* how much junk have I already stored in this collection (and thus could be
used if I delete stuff, potentially)

I'm happy with the properties--I just think we need to change the text to
indicate that the quota only applies to the currently authenticated HTTP
user--an interoperable client cannot assume that the quota will be the same
if authenticated as somebody else.  I don't think we need an ability to find
out how much quota other people have.

--Eric