RE: BIND vs. non-movable resources in RFC3253

From: Jason Crawford <nn683849@smallcue.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 12:46:18 -0400
To: "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Cc: "Stefan Eissing" <stefan.eissing@greenbytes.de>, w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org

This seems to be a discussion of "bindings and versioning", not bindings.

I think the binding spec should allow servers to reject DELETE/MOVE
requests.
The binding spec should not be concerned about all the possible reasons a
server might reject a request, and in particular it shouldn't devote any
time to
versioning specific reasons a server might reject a request.

If a particular spec, like the versioning spec, has a particular semantic
constraints
that it wants to support, it can spec that DELETE/MOVE should not be
supported
in the situations where DELETE/MOVE would break those semantic
constraints.

Can we agree that servers can reject DELETE/MOVE requests and move the
versioning specific discussion to the versioning mailing list?

J.

Phone: 914-784-7569