Re: Interoperability for DAV:ishidden?

From: Eric Sedlar <eric.sedlar@oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 19:07:40 -0700
To: <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

One property that keeps coming up (also in the Microsoft proposal) is the
resource-ID property, to uniquely identify a resource (generally a GUID).
I'm constantly getting requests from internal groups for this, and I know a
lot of the JSR-170 people are interested in this for content management
apps.

Of course another related requirement is the ability to fetch resources by
ID.  This could be done either by fully utilizing the DAV: namespace, e.g.
DAV:<resourceID> as the URL or by waiting for DASL.

--Eric