RE: Bindings

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 21:12:01 +0200
To: "Clemm, Geoff" <gclemm@rational.com>, "'Webdav WG \(E-mail\)'" <w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org>

Wel, it requires additional parameters *because* it's a report. It wouldn't,
if a live property would have been chosen instead...

>    Another one: why have the report DAV:locate-by-history if a
>    DAV:version-controlled-resource-set property would offer the same
>    information?
>
> The DAV:locate-by-history report requires additional parameters
> (namely, the list of version history resources that are to be located
> in the folder identified by the request-URL).  Therefore it cannot be
> a live property, but must be a report.

This is just because the marshalling was defined to specifically to lookup
by by multiple VHRs (by the way: what's the use case for that?).

My point being -- the border between live properties and REPORTs isn't
nearly as well defined as you say.