Mac OS X Client implementation issues

From: John DeSoi <desoi@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 11:15:40 -0400
To: "WebDAV" <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

Hi,

Apologies if this is not the right list for this discussion. Pointers
greatly appreciated.

The OS X WebDAV client appears to send the same request multiple
times (on different connections). For example, it sent "PROPFIND /" 8
times to my WebDAV server when I first logged in. Is there any
reasonable explanation for this? Seems like an incredible waste of
resources for both sides. Is there anything I can set on the server
side to prevent this? Does anyone know the appropriate place to send
feedback to Apple on this?

Thanks very much,

John DeSoi, Ph.D.