RE: New RFC2518bis draft, property values after LOCK of unmapped URL

From: Jason Crawford <ccjason@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 23:16:11 -0400
To: "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Cc: "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, "Lisa Dusseault" <ldusseault@xythos.com>, w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org

Although I don't have a strong opinion on this, a quick first impression is
that for getXXXXX properties, if the GET request will not list the header,
it probably should be missing.  And if the GET response will list it, the
property should be there.  And if the GET response lists the value as
blank, then that's the value that the corresponding property should list.

With that in mind, I'd suggest the wording that Julian originally
questioned also list the possibility of the property not existing.

J.

Phone: 914-784-7569,   ccjason@us.ibm.com