RE: New RFC2518bis draft, property values after LOCK of unmapped URL

From: Jason Crawford <ccjason@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 16:03:42 -0400
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org

<<
Section 4.2: Lock-null resources removed

Text mentions: "SHOULD default to reasonable, or reasonably blank, values
for other properties like getcontentlanguage"

I disagree: unknown properties should be treated as not being present (just
like the relevant HTTP headers), NOT as blank.

If a server creates a resource as a result of a LOCK request on an unmapped
URL,  I believe Julian is suggesting that if there is any doubt about what
the property value should be, the property should not be created rather
than set to NULL.

Julian, did I get that right?  Would you care to elaborate?   What about a
few examples?

Phone: 914-784-7569,   ccjason@us.ibm.com