Re: Help me please with idisk

On Monday, March 18, 2002, at 01:34 PM, Matthieu Chevrier wrote:

> The first implementations of (WebDAV+iDisk) were using Basic
> authentication.
> Some users expressed security concerns about exposing their passwords so
> Apple must have switched to MD5-Digest (with OSX 10.1.1)
>
> If it is indeed the case and that GoLive does not support MD5 yet
> (GoLive 5
> didn't as far as I know) then you just can't access your iDisk using
> GoLive.

Apple's iDisk WebDAV servers currently challenge with both a Basic
access WWW-Authenticate header and a Digest access WWW-Authenticate
header and the server will accept either Basic or Digest authorizations
from WebDAV clients. The servers were switched to allow Digest in
addition to Basic at the same time Digest support was added to Mac OS X
WebDAV file system (Mac OS X v10.1.1).

So, authentication isn't the problem.

The only thing that is lost between upload to the iDisk server from the
Mac OS X file system and downloading with another client are the
AppleDouble file which store Macintosh specific Finder metadata and the
resource forks of files -- the AppleDouble files are hidden from non-Mac
OS X file system clients.

Jim Luther
Apple Computer, Inc.