RE: WebDAV Matrix

From: CJ Holmes <cholmes@4d.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 10:36:03 -0800
To: DAV <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
>Mac OS X supports mapping a WebDAV server to a drive -- I can't find any
>documentation on the net for how to do this. Office on the Mac can
>read/write to a DAV-mapped drive.

 From the Finder, use the "Go" menu and select "Connect to Server..."
(or just hit apple-K).  Enter the URL that you want to connect to.
eg: http://www.my.org/naturalSciences/

You will be prompted for your username and password.

The finder-based DAV is very cool because it lets you use your DAV
server like a  disk.  But it doesn't support locking, last time I
checked.  But Goliath does, and works on MacOS X.

>  > The second question I was looking for guidance on has to do with how
>>  I might use WebDAV access with a fairly large group (50 or so) of
>>  editors who all work on various parts of a single web site.  The goal
>>  is to give them access that is easier for them than FTP yet keeps
>>  them apart (professor A cannot see or write to professor B's area and
>  > vice-versa).

That is really dependent on your server software, but you control DAV
access just like you control any other kind of access to your web