Mac OS X WebDAV file system

Hi Frank,

Mac OS X includes a file system for WebDAV that lets you mount a WebDAV
enabled folder as a file system volume. Any application running under
Mac OS X, except for those running in the Classic Mac OS 9 environment,
can directly access documents on a WebDAV server through the file system.

Native Mac OS 9 does not include a file system for WebDAV.

Microsoft Office X can access WebDAV volumes because its components are
Mac OS X applications. Microsoft Office 2001 components cannot access
WebDAV volumes directly because they run under the Classic Mac OS 9
environment -- users of Microsoft Office 2001 would have to use the Mac
OS X Finder to copy the files to a local volume (which Classic
applications can access) to access files on a WebDAV volume.

I don't know the Mac OS X Server product, so I can't help you with
questions related to it.

Jim Luther
Apple Computer, Inc.