FW: WebDav question

From: Jim Whitehead <ejw@cse.ucsc.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 18:09:58 -0800
To: "WebDAV" <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
Accidentally caught by the spam filter.

- Jim
-----Original Message-----
From: Jaqueline Gutierrez [mailto:jvgnica@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2002 5:54 PM
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org; csamson@ndirect.co.uk
Subject: [Moderator Action] WebDav question

Can You Help me with this.

When attempting to use WebDav we have to include the port number in the

It will not work with   http://customer1.magnifi.com/webfolder

Apache is listening on port 80 and passing requests to Weblogic

WLS is listening on port 7017

The problem is that when we create a WebDav folder on the PC desktop
the URL
needs to include the WLS port number and thus exposes WLS to the

We ! ! ! only expose port 80 to the outside world and therefore our users
will not
be able to use the WebDav feature

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Auctions Great stuff seeing new owners! Bid now!