Problems with Intercepting WebDAV with IIS to simulate filesystem with a DB

From: Simon Hill <simon@canto.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 23:13:31 -0000
To: <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
Hi

I'm trying to use WebDAV to implement DB CMS that presents a filesystem view
to clients who connected to it, on IIS. I cannot find very much help on this
so here's hoping for a lead...

I use a header-rewriting ISAPI filter to forward HTTP requests, and I am
using Dreamweaver 4's new WebDAV site management client to create the WebDAV
traffic. At the moment I just want to analyse the HTTP headers so I can feel
comfortable before I implement the database side, but I can't get this far
because WebDAV seems to be trying to get the .asp script itself rather than
running it and logging out the GETs and POSTs etc. My script is a simple
one, it simply logs-out the server variables, at the moment. However on the
client side I get 'can't access/file locked' error, and on the server the
.asp file itself becomes locked.

This makes me think that my header-rewriting is actually resulting in PUTs
and GETs to that script itself rather than the execution of the script.

Anyone got any clues?

regards

Simon