Re: New RFC2518bis draft, XML_NOT_VALID

From: Jason Crawford <ccjason@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 13:05:26 -0400
To: "Lisa Dusseault" <ldusseault@xythos.com>
Cc: w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org

I think the current text could be improved by changing "legal XML may not"
to be "legal WebDAV XML might not".  This avoids the use of "may not" which
has a somewhat different meaning.  I'm suggesting inserting "WebDAV" there
just to be a bit clearer although I think one can improve on that
suggestion also.

"A DTD is provided in Appendix 1.  However, legal XML may not be valid
according to this DTD, because unknown XML elements may appear in WebDAV
syntax without making the syntax illegal."

becomes

"A DTD is provided in Appendix 1.  However, legal WebDAV XML might not be

Phone: 914-784-7569,   ccjason@us.ibm.com