From: Jason Crawford <ccjason@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 12:25:03 -0400
To: "Lisa Dusseault" <ldusseault@xythos.com>
Cc: "Webdav WG \(E-mail\)" <w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org>

The current wording is difficult to understand.  I'd suggest that the
wording be changed from...

 The timeout counter SHOULD NOT be restarted any time an owner of the lock
sends a method to any member of the lock, including unsupported methods, or
methods which are unsuccessful.  However the lock MUST be refreshed if a
refresh LOCK method is successfully received.

To simply say...

The timeout counter SHOULD only be restarted  if a refresh LOCK method is
successfully received.

If you like, we can mention that this is a change from 2518.

Phone: 914-784-7569,   ccjason@us.ibm.com