RE: Multiple servers

From: Lisa Dusseault <ldusseault@xythos.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 09:05:57 -0700
To: "'Carlos Martinez-Mascarua'" <Carlos.Mascarua@esca.com>, <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
There should be no obstacles to developing a server farm where files are
kept consistent between machines.  Xythos WebFile Server provides an
existence proof.

The WebDAV standard does not address these issues, however.  The standard
does not cover server-to-server communication or data storage. It is left up
to the server implementor to ensure consistency in whatever manner is most
appropriate.

Lisa