Re: etags in If: headers (was: 54th IETF Meeting Information, and RFC2518 open issues)

From: Stefan Eissing <stefan.eissing@greenbytes.de>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 10:17:39 +0200
Cc: Greg Stein <gstein@lyra.org>, "Webdav WG (E-mail)" <w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org>
To: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Yves, Greg, thanks for the link and the explanation.

So I change my mind and am in favour of keeping If: headers
functionality as they are described in 2518.

Regarding potential length of this header: would it be ok
to allow whitespace between tokens, so that the header can
be more easily split on several lines?

//Stefan