Re: 54th IETF Meeting Information, and RFC2518 open issues

From: Jason Crawford <ccjason@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 11:36:54 -0400
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org

My preference is not strong, but I do agree with Geoff that we should
consider removing ETAG support from the IF: header unless someone steps
forward for a good reason to keep it.

The discussion has bounced around a bit, so I'll try to point out what
hasn't been covered.

As Geoff said... The functionality of ETags in IF: headers appear to
already be available via other means.

Stephan's question about whether any *clients* submit Etags in IF: headers
hasn't been answered.

Phone: 914-784-7569,   ccjason@us.ibm.com