Re: need clarification about COPY to locked resource response code

From: Stefan Eissing <stefan.eissing@greenbytes.de>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 09:29:39 +0200
To: "WebDAV" <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
Having waited three days for someone smarter than me to
say something...

Am Montag den, 15. April 2002, um 23:59, schrieb Jason Crawford:

> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/2002JanMar/0098.html
>
> I don't think the above comment was resolved.
>
> Do we want to make a change to the spec?

I don't feel strongly about it. If, then I would list 207 as
possible status code of COPY/MOVE (where there are completely
absent now) and explain that 423 LOCKED will only map to locked
request-uri. If any other uri (destination included) makes trouble,
clients should be able to deal with a 207.

> Are we clear on what URL we need to point reference in the multi-status
> response for various lock problems?

I don't understand that question. Can you elaborate?

//Stefan