RE: DASL?

From: Jim Whitehead <ejw@cse.ucsc.edu>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 17:36:05 -0800
To: "Ilya Kirnos" <ilya.kirnos@oracle.com>, <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
Cc: <www-webdav-dasl@w3.org>
Actually, I've been seeing a recent increase in interest for DASL -- there
was a fairly substantial off-list thread last week. I've encouraged people
to move discussion back on-list.

> It seems like not much work is happening on DASL.  I haven't seen any
> clients, for example, that use it.  Is this a misimpression?  Or is
> there just not enough interest in it?  Or is it too hard to do?  I'd
> like to be wrong about this, so please correct me if that's the case.

Unfortunately, there is currently limited client support (anyone out there
have a DASL client?). The Xythos Storage Server supports DASL on the server
side. I think this is more an indication of the lack of server support, and
this, in turn, is due to the immaturity of the specification.

I think there is a lot of interest in DASL, since it dramatically increases
the value of DAV properties.

- Jim