RE: Issues/questions about the bindings protocol specification...

Peter Raymond writes:

> A group of people here at MERANT have recently completed
> reading/reviewing the bindings protocol document.  We
> recorded some issues/questions about the specification.

Super -- thank you very much for posting your comments on this
specification.

> does anyone know the status of the document, there are open
> issues etc, is there a timeframe for it becoming a
> "proposed standard"?

At present, it has gone through a last call, which resulted in a list of
issues being recorded:
http://www1.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/webdav/collection/bind-issues.html

The editors of the document held a series of teleconferences about the
specification, minutes from which are available towards the bottom of
http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/webdav/  Resolutions to issues have been
recorded in the issues list.

> Is anyone actively editing or revising the document?

At present, no. It has been my intent to work on this as soon as the access
control specification is completed. Since the ACL specification is nearly
complete, I anticipate working on this specification soon. We'll have
another last call, perhaps two, and then it'll get sent off.

> BTW...are there any server vendors out there that implement
> or are thinking of implementing the BIND method?  Similarly
> are any clients using it?

None that I know of, though I have always felt that this capability is
needed before most document management systems can expose their full
functionality via DAV.

- Jim