RE: Purpose of Namespace

From: Jason Crawford <ccjason@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 14:31:32 -0500
To: "'WebDAV'" <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

A couple of people have come forward to say we probably should not add an
explanation of why we use XML namespaces in WebDAV.  I have no problem with
that, but  I just want to point out the following that I just found in
RFC2518, Section 1.

   The XML namespace extension (Appendix 4) is also used in this
   specification in order to allow for new XML elements to be added
   without fear of colliding with other element names.

Because of this, I'd like to propose than we just go ahead and modify this
to mention the properties issue.

Okay?

J.

Phone: 914-784-7569,   ccjason@us.ibm.com