[Fresher to webdav] How to implement WebDav http extension methods in Java

From: Jim Whitehead <ejw@cse.ucsc.edu>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 10:10:15 -0800
To: "WebDAV" <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
Accidentally caught by the spam filter.

- Jim
-----Original Message-----
From: Rohit.Marwaha [mailto:rohit.marwaha@oracle.com]
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2001 1:18 AM
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
Cc: Rohit.Marwaha
Subject: [Moderator Action] [Fresher to webdav] How to implement WebDav http
extension methods in Java

Hi All,

 I am a new comer to this subject. I am looking to implement a client in
Java
 which can communicate with WebDav enable server. However it looks like
Java's
 networking classes like URL, URLConnection and HttpURLConnection only
 support standard HTTP methods. Do I need to look at sockets to implement a
client
 or is there a better way available?

Thanks in advance.

- Rohit