RE: RFC2518 (WebDAV) / RFC2396 (URI) inconsistency

From: Jim Whitehead <ejw@cse.ucsc.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 09:53:29 -0800
To: <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>, <uri@w3.org>

I think it might help people to better understand the set of possible
solutions to this issue if I point out that WebDAV implementations are NOT
going to support any change that leads to a reduction in interoperability.

So, for example, any suggestion that begins, "just change WebDAV's namespace
identifier to ...." is not going to work.

Complain to me all you wish about this -- you'll just be shooting the

- Jim