RE: RFC2518 (WebDAV) / RFC2396 (URI) inconsistency

Of course.

So

- a new namespace name would be needed
- the old one would need to be deprecated
- interoperability of all combinations of new/old servers needs to be
investigated

In theory the revision of RFC2518 could deprecate "DAV:" in favor of
"somenewuri", right?

> Complain to me all you wish about this -- you'll just be shooting the
> messenger.

Whose messenger?