RE: content type for WebDAV request/response bodies, was: [ACL] Access Control Protocol -07 submitted

Matt,

The definition is broken. It doesn't work. See [1].

> I've seen Microsoft use a convention for coding property names as
> HREFs that
> would work well for 2518:

No, it doesn't.

> If the property's namespace ends in "/" or ":", then the property HREF is
> namespace+local_name, just like Today.
>
> Otherwise, the property HREF is namespace+"#"+local_name.

How do you encode the local name? Given an arbitrary URI, how do you select
base URI and element name? ...and so on. It doesn't work.

> WebDAV would have to codify this in the description of
> DAV:keepalive.  This
> would at least be compatible with most current environments.

I would care more if there is a single server implementation that actually
implements keepalive. Is there?

> Ideally, keepalive should be (allprop|prop), but that would break
> everybody.

Ideally, the whole behaviour of copying live/dead properties needs to be
redefined, I think.

Regards, Julian

[1] <http://mailman.webdav.org/pipermail/acl/2001-November/000929.html>