RE: content type for WebDAV request/response bodies, was: [ACL] Access Control Protocol -07 submitted

From: Matt Timmermans <mtimmerm@opentext.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 16:49:16 -0500
To: "'Julian Reschke'" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, "'WebDAV'" <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
Appendix 23.4 provides an unambiguous interpretation of property names as
HREFs.  This will no longer apply when appendix 23.4 goes away.

I've seen Microsoft use a convention for coding property names as HREFs that
would work well for 2518:

If the property's namespace ends in "/" or ":", then the property HREF is
namespace+local_name, just like Today.

Otherwise, the property HREF is namespace+"#"+local_name.

WebDAV would have to codify this in the description of DAV:keepalive.  This
would at least be compatible with most current environments.

Ideally, keepalive should be (allprop|prop), but that would break everybody.