RE: RFC2518 (WebDAV) / RFC2396 (URI) inconsistency

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 12:23:42 +0100
To: "Jim Whitehead" <ejw@cse.ucsc.edu>, <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

I agree it's the easiest change. But this is just a workaround -- the
problem stays. As long as the grammar for URIs says that "DAV:" isn't a URI,
and the XML namespace REC says that a namespace name must be a syntactically
correct URI reference, then we'll face the problem again -- for instance if
developer's of XML processors decide to do proper namespace name checking.

So this definitvely needs to be put onto the issues list.

Julian