Re: RFC2518 (WebDAV) / RFC2396 (URI) inconsistency

At 22:57 01/11/20 -0500, Mark Baker wrote:
>Perhaps a compromise here would be to treat "DAV:" as a relative URI
>reference.  A 2518 revision could include the use of XML Base, or its
>own base-declaring mechanism, allowing future DAV specifications and
>processors to use URIs to evolve, while existing processors could be
>seen to be assuming a base URI.  Thoughts?

Well, it's not WebDAV's business to mess around with bases for
namespaces. Namespaces don't currently use XML Base, and probably
they won't in the future. There was an extensive discussion of
whether namespace uris could be relative uris, and the conclusion
as far as I remember was that it should be discouraged.

Regards,    Martin.