RE: I-D ACTION:draft-dusseault-dav-quota-00.txt

From: Jim Whitehead <ejw@cse.ucsc.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 16:14:53 -0700
To: "Webdav WG" <w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org>
Oh, one other comment.

What is the expectation on the relationship between the quota values for a
given collection, and its subcollections.

For example, if I have collection hierarchy, where A, B, & C are
collections:

 / \
B  C

Would DAV:quota be the same for every collection? If so, how should that be
interpreted. If the value of DAV:quota is 20 meg on A, B, & C, then does
this imply:

a) I have a total of 60 meg of storage (20 meg for A + 20 meg for B + 20 meg
for C)

OR

b) I have a total of 20 meg of storage, and the DAV:quota value is just
replicated on all subcollections.

Similarly, does DAV:quotaused include space used by sub-collections (Depth
infinity), or is it just a Depth 1 space used measurement?

- Jim