RE: RFC2518 issue with lockdiscovery/activelock/owner

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 09:22:59 +0200
To: "Webdav WG" <w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org>

OK, I read and forgot about that.

I still don't understand why a client would compare the contents of the
DAV:owner element contained in the response to the successful LOCK method
call with what he sent. I would have hoped / assumed that the right thing to
do is:

a) attempt the LOCK
b) if the LOCK method success, store the contents of DAV:owner *that was
sent back by the server* for later comparisons.

The behaviour seen in MS Office just doesn't make any sense...

Regards, Julian