Question about the creationdate property

From: James Woods <woodsja@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 15:20:10 -0700
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
Hello all,

I was looking at the discusion about the what DAV properties were writable
by the client and the summary of consensus
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/2001AprJun/0071.html

my question is on creationdate. I had assumed that this property
represented when the file was created, but how am I supposed to tell the
server when the creation date was if the property is protected?

For example. I created a document a week ago, and it currently resides on
my local file system. I decide to place this document on the Web using my
favorite protocol, WebDAV, with a PUT.

So, how do I (the client) tell the server the original creationdate since I
can not do a PROPPATCH? Is there a way send this property value along with
the PUT?

Or does creationdate represent when my document was created as a WebDav
Compliant Resource and reflects the timestamp of the PUT?

Thanks,

James Woods
woodsja@us.ibm.com