RE: rfc2518 issue: LOCK_REFRESH_BY_METHODS

From: Jason Crawford <ccjason@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 01:15:30 -0400
To: "Clemm, Geoff" <gclemm@Rational.Com>
Cc: w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org

Sounds good to me Geoff.   Do we have any other comments?  Agreement?

I'd just delete the paragraph in 9.8 that states:

   The timeout counter SHOULD be restarted any time an owner of the lock
   sends a method to any member of the lock, including unsupported
   methods, or methods which are unsuccessful.  However the lock MUST be
   refreshed if a refresh LOCK method is successfully received.

The last sentence is redundant, since it is already specified in the
LOCK semantics.

Cheers,
Geoff