RE: rfc2518 issue: LOCK_REFRESH_BY_METHODS

From: Jason Crawford <ccjason@us.ibm.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 15:05:17 -0400
To: "WebDAV (E-mail)" <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

Again.  I'd like at least one more supportive comment before I file this
one as resolved.    Please pipe up.  :-)

I'd just delete the paragraph in 9.8 that states:

   The timeout counter SHOULD be restarted any time an owner of the lock
   sends a method to any member of the lock, including unsupported
   methods, or methods which are unsuccessful.  However the lock MUST be
   refreshed if a refresh LOCK method is successfully received.

The last sentence is redundant, since it is already specified in the
LOCK semantics.

Cheers,
Geoff