RE: rfc2518 issue: DEFER_LOCK_NULL_RESOURCES_IN_SPEC

From: Clemm, Geoff <gclemm@rational.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 16:52:08 -0400
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
I agree with Jason's revision, although I'd probably further revise the
wording to say:

"When a new resource is created by a LOCK request against an
unmapped URI, if an UNLOCK is applied to that resource before it
has been explicitly updated (e.g. by a PUT or a PROPPATCH), then
that resource SHOULD NOT be deleted as a side effect of the UNLOCK.
Note that this changes the behavior defined in RFC-2518, which
stated that the resource MUST be deleted in this case."

Cheers,
Geoff