Re: Retrieving the lockdiscovery property from a non locked resource

From: Jason Crawford <ccjason@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 00:14:38 -0500
To: John Stracke <francis@ecal.com>
Cc: WebDAV WG <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

Do we want to modify the spec to specify what behavior we expect?

<<
It looks like the server implementors decided that lockdiscovery exists on
all class 2 DAV resources.  Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to tell the
difference between "resource has no locks" and "resource does not exist".
I don't see anything in 2518 to specify it, though.