Re: Retrieving the lockdiscovery property from a non locked resource

From: John Stracke <francis@ecal.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 09:02:40 -0500
To: WebDAV WG <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
Hartmut Warncke wrote:

> "A request to retrieve the value of a property which does not exist is
> an error and MUST be noted, if the response uses a multistatus XML
> element, with a response XML element which contains a 404 (Not Found)
> status value."

It looks like the server implementors decided that lockdiscovery exists on
all class 2 DAV resources.  Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to tell the
difference between "resource has no locks" and "resource does not exist".
I don't see anything in 2518 to specify it, though.

--
|John Stracke    | http://www.ecal.com |My opinions are my own.  |