RE: WRITE_DAV_PROP: Summary of consensus

From: Jim Whitehead <ejw@cse.ucsc.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 13:52:19 -0700
To: "Jim Amsden" <jamsden@us.ibm.com>, <w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org>

> getlastmodified needs to be updatable to do a UNIX-like touch
> command. Sets
> the modified date on a resource so dependent relationships are
> processed by
> builders or make.

There are two choices for building - client side and server side.  In client
side builds, the files are locally cached on client machine, and so the
existing "touch" command coul djust be used.

For server-side builds, the existence of a rich property mechanism means
that we can do much better than the "touch" hack.

This isn't a compelling scenario for me.

- Jim