RE: Issue: WRITE_DAV_PROP

From: Clemm, Geoff <gclemm@rational.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 16:50:17 -0400
To: WebDAV WG <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
From: Greg Stein [mailto:gstein@lyra.org]

   I'm also a bit leery of the getcontentlanguage and getcontenttype
   being a MUST. I'd prefer those be a MAY, and displayname and source
   remain as MUST.  The basic problem with the language/type is
   needing to look them up for each GET from the server. That can
   seriously impact server performance.

Another client might have deleted the resource and created a new one
in the same location
(with different contentlanguage and contenttype) between the two
GET's, so whether or not getcontentlanguage and getcontenttype
or mutable is irrelevant for this issue, isn't it?

Cheers,
Geoff