RE: How do I set getlastmodified using PROPPATCH ?

Well, I suspect that, for the Zope server, the "manage properties"
permission is not set for the resource, since they claim support for
PROPPATCH.  You should ask them directly about this, at webdav@zope.org. As
for Driveway and MyDocsOnline, I suspect that they have simply not
implemented PROPPATCH, since the main motivation was to support Web Folders,
which does not require PROPPATCH. You could send them email directly to
confirm this.

> Here is what my request looked like.
>
> PROPPATCH /test.txt HTTP/1.1

>   <D:propertyupdate xmlns:D="DAV:">
>   <D:set>
>           <D:prop>
>                   <D:webdrivemodtime>Here is my property
> value</D:webdrivemodtime>
>           </D:prop>
>      </D:set>
>    </D:propertyupdate>

This request looks well-formed to me.  As a style note, the DAV: namespace
is intended for use by the WebDAV protocol -- new applications should use a
non-DAV namespace.  For you, I recommend using
"http://www.riverfrontsoftware.com/", and hence your request would look
like:

PROPPATCH /test.txt HTTP/1.1

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
  <D:propertyupdate xmlns:D="DAV:"
xmlns:R="http://www.riverfrontsoftware.com/">
  <D:set>
          <D:prop>
                  <R:webdrivemodtime>Here is my property
value</R:webdrivemodtime>
          </D:prop>
     </D:set>
  </D:propertyupdate>

Of course, you could choose any URL for the namespace, and any prefix
character that was unique within the message.

- Jim