Re: How do I set getlastmodified using PROPPATCH ?

Thanks for all the information on the getlastmodified property.

I was thinking about using a custom property to save the modified time
myself, however after trying this on several servers.  Most of them report a
status of

"409 (Conflict) - The client has provided a value whose semantics are not
appropriate for the property. This includes trying to set read- only
properties."

Is this error because I haven't been granted access on the server to do a
PROPPATCH, or perhaps I haven't formatted the request properly ?

I get this error on the Zope test server with an account that was created
for me, I also get it on my driveway.com account.   On the sharemation
account it seems to work fine, I can create my own properties.  On the
MyDocsOnline server, it actually accepts the proppatch with a status of 200,
however when I list all properties with propfind it is not listed.

Here is what my request looked like.

PROPPATCH /test.txt HTTP/1.1

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
  <D:propertyupdate xmlns:D="DAV:">
  <D:set>
          <D:prop>
                  <D:webdrivemodtime>Here is my property
value</D:webdrivemodtime>
          </D:prop>
     </D:set>
   </D:propertyupdate>

Thanks,
John Glavin
jglavin@riverfrontsoftware.com

> Hi John,
>    We have similar synchronization (and Dav) software here and have found
> that most companies do not (and will not!) support the setting of the
> getlastmodified property.  I'd be interesting if you start hearing
> different.
>
> Jack

Sharemation.com)