From: Slein, Judith A [mailto:JSlein@crt.xerox.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2000 9:36 AM
To: 'Clemm, Geoff'; w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
Subject: RE: Loop Detected

We can make it that the property values get returned for the 506 resource,
but as you say that will not in general be helpful to the client in
reconstructing the graph.  It would just be a matter of luck if the
properties requested allowed you to identify the resource bound to the href.
As you say, the only property that allows this is DAV:urn.

So it's not just a matter of changing the example to one where DAV:urn was
requested.

I know you will hate this suggestion, but we could have servers always
return DAV:urn, whether it was requested or not, for all the resources if
there is a 506 anywhere in the response.

Or we could add a note suggesting to clients that if they want to
reconstruct the graph, they should submit another PROPFIND Depth: infinity
to the same resource, requesting DAV:urn.