RE: Yaron.Redirect.ReallyNoBind

See below.

If the changes I proposed for the redirect spec are accepted then I think
redirect will appear substantially different than the bind spec to such an
extend that confusing them would be impossible.

> Second, it's often easier to communicate a concept by
> explaining what it is
> not than by explaining what it is.  We have to do both, in my opinion.
> There have been continuing requests for binding-like behavior and for
> direct-reference-like behavior in redirect references.  We
> can stop those
> requests and make it clearer what functionality we are trying
> to define here
> by saying straight out that redirect references are not like
> bindings, and
> here's why; and redirect references are not like direct
> references, and
> here's why.

In practice I find that telling people what something is not just confuses
them. Of course that is just my experience and your mileage may vary.