RE: WG Last Call: Redirect Reference Resources

I would like to formally object to this last call. I apologize for the delay
in objecting but I am just now managing to dig my way out of my e-mail after
having to fly off to Israel for a family emergency.

A last call is an extremely time consuming process requiring members of this
WG, who are all volunteers, to turn their attentions to the careful review
of the specification and the production of thoughtful comments.

In this case, however, the very people who are best qualified to review the
redirect draft are the very same people who are currently in the process of
providing a review of the bind spec. By issuing a last call we are demanding
that individuals, who are for the most part already using what little spare
time they have to review the bind spec, also somehow find time to review the
redirect reference draft.

Given the large number of substantive issues that have already been
generated by the BIND spec, given that these issues have already generated
several significant alterations to the language of the BIND spec and given
that we are barely half way through these issues I believe it is
inappropriate now ask the members of this working group to split their focus
and provide  their full attention to the redirect draft.

As such I ask that this last call be postponed until we have finished going
through the issues on BIND.

			Yaron