From: Geoffrey M. Clemm
Sent: 1/6/2000 3:08 PM
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
Subject: Anomaly  in the DAV:prop element usage

In rfc2518, the example of propfind in 8.1.1 issues a  PROPFIND
request with a DAV:prop element of the  form:

     <D:prop xmlns:R=" http://www.foo.bar/boxschema/
<http://www.foo.bar/boxschema/> ">
          <R:bigbox/>
          <R:author/>
          <R:DingALing/>
          <R:Random/>
     </D:prop>

It is very likely that this violates at least some of the  element
definitions for R:bigbox, R:author,  R:DingALing, and R:Random.

I have gone to some trouble to avoid this kind of element  definition
violation in the versioning spec, but since  it didn't bother the
authors of 2518, should I not let  it bother me?  As was pointed out
in an earlier  thread, there are other reasons why WebDAV XML will be
rejected by validating parsers ...