Anomaly in the DAV:prop element usage

From: Geoffrey M. Clemm <geoffrey.clemm@rational.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 18:08:50 -0500
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org

In rfc2518, the example of propfind in 8.1.1 issues a PROPFIND
request with a DAV:prop element of the form:

     <D:prop xmlns:R="http://www.foo.bar/boxschema/">
          <R:bigbox/>
          <R:author/>
          <R:DingALing/>
          <R:Random/>
     </D:prop>

It is very likely that this violates at least some of the element
definitions for R:bigbox, R:author, R:DingALing, and R:Random.

I have gone to some trouble to avoid this kind of element definition
violation in the versioning spec, but since it didn't bother the
authors of 2518, should I not let it bother me?  As was pointed out
in an earlier thread, there are other reasons why WebDAV XML will be
rejected by validating parsers ...

Cheers,
Geoff