Re: Multistatus required in responses?

From: <ccjason@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 16:21:31 -0400
To: "Kaushik Sridharan" <kaushik@ruksun.com>
cc: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org

   Are responses for specific methods required to be multistatus?
   ..
   I apologize if this question has been answered before on this list.

I believe it has been discussed.  I believe I brought it up and
the conclusion was that PROPPATCH and PROPFIND must return
multistatus and take no shortcuts.  The reasoning behind this
was that it made things more predictable for the client and
really wasn't any harder for the server.

If it's not already on the issues list, a clarification of this
should be added to that list.