RE: WebFolders case sensitive

From: Jim Whitehead <ejw@ics.uci.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 18:19:46 -0700
To: Martin Hallerdal <marty@site.se>, w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
Hi Martin,

> When trying out my DAV server I noticed that Microsofts Web Folders had
> problems when I sent "HTTP/1.1 200 Ok" as status line  in a PROFIND
> response, e.g.
>
> <D:status>HTTP/1.1 200 Ok</D:status>
>
> But when I use upper case characters everything works nicely, e.g.
>
> <D:status>HTTP/1.1 200 OK</D:status>
>
> Can anyone confirm this? This is bad behaviour by Web Folders is it not?

Well, I can't confirm the behavior, but if this is indeed what is going on,
then it's non-compliant behavior.  The status XML element is defined as
"status-line", which is defined in HTTP/1.1, and status-line will accept any
text except for CR and LF. So lower case should have been fine. In fact,
anything there should have been fine -- the "OK" isn't meaningful to the
protocol.

- Jim