RE: are depth 0 locks inherited by newly created children?

From: Jim Davis <jrd3@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 22:59:16 +0100
To: <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
At 12:02 AM 11/30/99 -0800, David M. Chandler wrote:

>... As far as the
>"bad" behavior which might result when newly-added children inherit depth-0
>locks, I propose the following scenario.

Your scenario is exactly right, that is, it makes all the right predictions.

So the claim is that it would be confusing if WebDAV acted this way...
you'd have a tree of resources, only some of which were locked, and whose
lockedness depended on the history.

In fact I agree, it seems confusing to me too.  It's a good argument for
changing the spec.